Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Your music tastes
ComicSansaMS Offline
Goddamnit EMI

Tool: Sony Vegas
Your music tastes
I was kind of reluctant to make this thread considering it's probably going to be similar to the Finding Music one, but oh well.

I have pretty open tastes, but I usually listen and play Progressive Rock classics: Pink Floyd, ELP, King Crimson, etc. I'm a sucker for great instrumentals and sociopolitical commentary. What about you?
04-25-2013 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

Tool: After Effects
RE: Your music tastes
Feel good, DnB, Liquid, good stuff... Ramses B, Mitis, Martin Mittone, Uppermost to name a few... : > Basically music that makes me smile! : D
04-25-2013 10:02 PM
TheeLinker Offline

I tend to have an unpopular taste in music in certain sects of the internet, given my consistently favorite band is Linkin Park. I feel like I can get myself shunned by many a circle just for mentioning that. The only band whose entire discography I've ever come close to owning... Big Grin

Then there's Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, 30 Seconds to Mars... Red (an alternative/hard-rock band I don't know that many people have heard of) does some incredible things for me, even if I don't actually have a ton of their songs and listening to too much of their stuff in a row leaves me feeling kind of dark. Confused

There's some electronic stuff out there I like, from Pendulum to Alex S. (I love everything on the Life As We Know It EP). I even finding myself liking some of the Pop out there, especially since it seems to be moving in a more electronic-focused direction.

I have a (probably light version of a) thing that makes it so I don't really tend to 'hear' lyrics unless I'm really trying to listen to it. If it weren't for the fact that I really like to sing along (when no one's around) I probably wouldn't have any clue what anyone's saying. This probably shows in my PMVs -- I don't match up to the lyrics at all unless I'm out of ideas. I just go for what I'm feeling.

That's about it. I've never really been able to nail down exactly what I like, so, uh, that's a little overview of everything.
04-25-2013 10:11 PM
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

I got a lot of classic rock influence from my parents as I grew up. Beatles, Doors, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stones. All that good stuff. Classic music that will always stick with me, no matter what.

The first band I got into on my own was Metallica. I was a pretty big metal fan back then. Loved grunge as well, like Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. I still do, I just don't listen to it as much.

But listening to my dads "Dark Side of the Moon" and later on "Awake" by Dream Theater was like a life changing experience for me. I quickly developed a taste for progressive rock and metal, and I haven't been able to look back since. There's just nothing that can compete to me. Finding old and new music all the time that just constantly blow my mind. It's too good Big Grin
04-26-2013 12:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Talkie Toaster Offline
That not-so special somepony
Moderators

Music tastes? This is tricky. Truth is, I've only really 'gotten into' pony music. More specifically, music made by the fandom. It's usually pretty good, and its very broad so everyones tastes are usually accounted for.

I don't have many restrictions on what I listen to, but I won't ever like death metal or anything of the sort. Its just not anything I can like. Whereas, I do like rock, electric, *sometimes* dubstep and a bit of pop.
04-26-2013 01:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Hm... I love:
Rock, punk, metal, alternative rock, avant grade metal, some classic and some jazz.
But all in all- i listen to everything i like, even hip-hop and vocaloids.
04-26-2013 04:44 AM
Mad_hatters_in_jeans Offline
Remember
Pinkie Pie

Well i don't have genre specific tastes really, i mean i'm not so keen on rap/dubstep/hip hip but there's the odd one or two tunes from those genres that i enjoy.
Since playing fallout I've got a taste for some 50s tunes. And i enjoy most of Pearl Jams work.
04-26-2013 08:11 AM
The SpawnersTouch Offline
A Spawner

Tool:
It is not very often that I listen to music. Since there are some kinds of music that effects me in bad ways, particularly metal, hardrock and dubstep have those bad effects, so i can not enjoy them.

When I do listen to music I prefer if it tells a story, I almost always enjoy a story telling song. Unless its a love song, i do not like love in most music.

as for artist, of the top of my head: Glen Miller and Jonathan Coulton.
04-27-2013 09:13 AM
TheAnnoyingBrony Offline
I'm that kind of person

Hmmm tough one...

I listen to everything except country, metal and screamo. I listen to Alt, dubstep, techno, rock etc

[Image: luna_by_appleshy17-d5n3kxo.jpg]
05-10-2013 06:06 PM
kathi Offline

Tool:
I have skype, but I'm like never on... I should probably log in more. I would join. : >

Cut down your exam 644-906 exam questions - pass4-sure.net by using our latest wikipedia and high quality University of Toronto
11-08-2014 01:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  It is chop hand tastes is it Qizhenbi 0 18 03-09-2017 08:50 PM
Last Post: Qizhenbi
  [Discussion] Music Maniac Pro APK Download v3.0.0 | Music Maniac GustavoWoltmann 0 607 03-02-2017 02:54 PM
Last Post: GustavoWoltmann
  New Music Daily GustavoWoltmann 1 43 01-03-2017 03:37 AM
Last Post: mmodiy1
  [Discussion] New Music Daily Aaron 0 29 01-02-2017 01:10 PM
Last Post: Aaron
  Walmart tastes champix, cost of tablet, generic substitute igexgupno 0 54 09-12-2016 11:28 AM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Order tastes cortal next canada ceiling online ungihkoco 0 40 05-16-2016 10:53 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Essay on music apagkumti 0 24 05-06-2016 11:43 AM
Last Post: apagkumti