Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
General thread
ComicSansaMS Offline
Goddamnit EMI

Tool: Sony Vegas
RE: General thread
(05-03-2013 04:35 PM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  [...]
oh yeah you've got that pink floyd thing going. How many of those are you going to make? Didn't they make a ton of songs?
[...]
Ironic really, that money would come slowly.
[...]
If in doubt do what jhaller does.
add explosions.

I'm making PMVs only of Dark Side of The Moon, which is 10 tracks that constantly segue into one another. It's not that much really, but the album has lots of space between lyrical segments and a noticeable continuity, so I have to keep it flowing.

Money was actually the first one I started, funny really. Well, Time is Money.

I have a kind of resentment towards special effects. They tend to be used so much that you can just put any kind of pone-related thing below them regardless of the song's theme. I do see the effort that goes into them, it took me ages to get the prism overlay to look nice and to smooth out movements.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 05:43 PM by ComicSansaMS.)
05-03-2013 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

(05-03-2013 04:55 PM)TheeLinker Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 03:24 PM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  Well i might as well ask if anyone has got pmvs in the works and how you're progressing with em?

I've got to finish this thing in time for PMV Today's contest.

Because of school, I haven't been able to work on it in months. But I just finished classes, so if I power through and keep motivated, I should be fine...

I've already seen this, and every time I got into the video quite easily. But every time it stops when it's starting to become interesting. Sad R

When you finish this, it's going to be so awesome! /)ˆ3ˆ(\

Anyhoof, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who uses the YouTube schedule option. It helped me a few times. For instance, when I'm on vacation, I can release a PMV I've made before leaving and still give an impression of regularity.
There's another question I have, how often do you release video? I personnaly upload a PMV every two weeks because I have enough spare time right now. But many people do more complicated video or haven't got the time to do it (like TheeLinker).
05-03-2013 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheeLinker Offline

Tool: After Effects
(05-03-2013 05:08 PM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  I had considered entering that but, damn that's going to be good if it's completed.
I can't compete with that.

Well, hey, there's four categories! No matter how well mine comes out, I can only possibly take home the Action prize. Smile

I mean, I guess it's an Action PMV. Doesn't really fit anywhere else.

(05-03-2013 05:51 PM)Arthychaud Wrote:  Anyhoof, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who uses the YouTube schedule option. It helped me a few times. For instance, when I'm on vacation, I can release a PMV I've made before leaving and still give an impression of regularity.

Wait, what? That's an option?

I've so got to look into that. I can't imagine I'd use it a whole ton, but I can think of at least one situation...
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 06:03 PM by TheeLinker.)
05-03-2013 06:00 PM
Mad_hatters_in_jeans Offline
Remember
Pinkie Pie

(05-03-2013 06:00 PM)TheeLinker Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 05:08 PM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  I had considered entering that but, damn that's going to be good if it's completed.
I can't compete with that.

Well, hey, there's four categories! No matter how well mine comes out, I can only possibly take home the Action prize. Smile

I mean, I guess it's an Action PMV. Doesn't really fit anywhere else.
I suppose that's encouraging. And there's still nearly 2 months to the deadline.
Hmm i guess it's worth a shot
(05-03-2013 06:00 PM)TheeLinker Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 05:51 PM)Arthychaud Wrote:  Anyhoof, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who uses the YouTube schedule option. It helped me a few times. For instance, when I'm on vacation, I can release a PMV I've made before leaving and still give an impression of regularity.

Wait, what? That's an option?

I've so got to look into that. I can't imagine I'd use it a whole ton, but I can think of at least one situation...
Yeah i'm curious about this too.

(05-03-2013 05:42 PM)ComicSansaMS Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 04:35 PM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  [...]
oh yeah you've got that pink floyd thing going. How many of those are you going to make? Didn't they make a ton of songs?
[...]
Ironic really, that money would come slowly.
[...]
If in doubt do what jhaller does.
add explosions.

I'm making PMVs only of Dark Side of The Moon, which is 10 tracks that constantly segue into one another. It's not that much really, but the album has lots of space between lyrical segments and a noticeable continuity, so I have to keep it flowing.

Money was actually the first one I started, funny really. Well, Time is Money.

I have a kind of resentment towards special effects. They tend to be used so much that you can just put any kind of pone-related thing below them regardless of the song's theme. I do see the effort that goes into them, it took me ages to get the prism overlay to look nice and to smooth out movements.
Yah knowing how far to go with effects can be tricky.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:32 PM by Mad_hatters_in_jeans.)
05-03-2013 07:39 PM
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

The only problem with thid option is that you must be a youtube partner. And even with a strike you still have this option (I don't know if the second strike has an effect, but one of my channel have a strike and I can still schedule my videos.

It's really helpful when you have lots of subscriber and if you need to add annotation to your video. (or even caption in my case) You just need to choose "Scheduled" instead of "Pubic" when you upload. Wink
05-04-2013 04:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ComicSansaMS Offline
Goddamnit EMI

Does anybody know a good way to deal with copyright strikes? I usually pitch shifted, but EMI just went full EA and flagged my videos after a month of being uploaded.
05-04-2013 12:32 PM
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

Not using any copyrighted content? Moustache

I know many people who have made secondary channel in order to get the advantages of clean channel. My own channel was made because I knew I'd use copyrighted content so it wasn't that bad if it got deleted.

Something I noticed is that music under copyright get flagged more easily than video. So I try to use music that aren't under copyright. For the video, YouTube started the fair use principle. So if you're not using the video without adding some values (editting or special effects for instance) you can get flagged more easily.

The difference between video with copyright issue and flagged video is that the strikes comes from flagging. If you get a strike, it's only because someone claimed it was their property. So it's not a good solution to engage any procedure. However, if your video just get a notice like "Video blocked in some countries", you can hope that the copyright owner won't give you any problem.

But if you have a strike, unless you prove it was a mistake, it will stay forever! Moustache

The best option in my opinion is to have two different channel: One with clean content and one with copyrighted content.

There's alos some issue with monetization but I don't really know enough about this to give advice. Wink
05-04-2013 01:13 PM
Mad_hatters_in_jeans Offline
Remember
Pinkie Pie

(05-04-2013 01:13 PM)Arthychaud Wrote:  Not using any copyrighted content? Moustache

I know many people who have made secondary channel in order to get the advantages of clean channel. My own channel was made because I knew I'd use copyrighted content so it wasn't that bad if it got deleted.

Something I noticed is that music under copyright get flagged more easily than video. So I try to use music that aren't under copyright. For the video, YouTube started the fair use principle. So if you're not using the video without adding some values (editting or special effects for instance) you can get flagged more easily.

The difference between video with copyright issue and flagged video is that the strikes comes from flagging. If you get a strike, it's only because someone claimed it was their property. So it's not a good solution to engage any procedure. However, if your video just get a notice like "Video blocked in some countries", you can hope that the copyright owner won't give you any problem.

But if you have a strike, unless you prove it was a mistake, it will stay forever! Moustache

The best option in my opinion is to have two different channel: One with clean content and one with copyrighted content.

There's alos some issue with monetization but I don't really know enough about this to give advice. Wink

Actually regarding strikes according to the youtube help page

Quote:We understand that users make mistakes, and don’t intend to violate our policies. That’s why strikes don’t last forever -- if you don’t receive another strike for six months, your initial strike will expire. If you receive a strike, make sure to review the reason your video or comment was removed to learn from your mistake.
05-04-2013 01:40 PM
ComicSansaMS Offline
Goddamnit EMI

I fixed it myself just by disputing the claim. They still have to check it, so it's probably only temporary. This happened to a friend of mine who was also using copyrighted tracks, so I think EMI might have just changed their policies recently.

And alas, all of Dark Side is copyrighted one way or another and I don't want to abandon the project just yet.
05-04-2013 01:59 PM
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

I wouldn't be surprised if my channel went to hell any second but I've been quite lucky for years even with lots of music uploaded. Only got one strike from some random song, but that's gone now. Almost everything gets the "matched third-party content" tag, but almost nothing gets blocked thankfully. I'm not using any popular music, so that probably helps a lot.

Only band that gave me trouble was Dream Theater/WMG. Those videos used to get blocked instantly, but I tried re-uploading one of them recently and it worked fine. Don't know what changed, if it's youtube or WMG, but I'm liking it Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 02:29 PM by Jaref.)
05-04-2013 02:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Post Your Desktop Thread! rainbowdashzx 19 2,391 11-05-2014 08:55 PM
Last Post: rainbowdashzx
  PC SPEC THREAD AWW YEAH The Talkie Toaster 7 1,681 03-23-2014 02:44 PM
Last Post: rainbowdashzx