Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Secret of the Kells (Ponified Trailer)
ObbsessiveBookworm Offline
The reader who can't spell
Twilight Sparkle

Tool: Other
Secret of the Kells (Ponified Trailer)

I've really been trying to push myself to do different things lately, so I decided to try a trailer. I literally just saw this movie two days ago and fell in love with it, so I downloaded the trailer and made this in a couple hours. Some parts of it came out better than others, though. What do you guys think?
07-28-2013 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
analytalica Offline
Esteemed Member

Tool: None
RE: Secret of the Kells (Ponified Trailer)
JOIN THE RANKS OF THE AWESOME

Color grading is SPOT ON. I don't understand why it disappears in the middle of the video though.

Lip sync needs work.

The best way to do trailer lip sync?

Cut off the parts you can't do.

At 0:20 in this trailer I made a while back, I was too lazy to sync "I'm looking for the monster" so instead I just put Celestia's frowny face in the scene until it transitioned to "my father". Twilight's "Leviathan" took a little more work, and if you pause at 0:25 and look closely, there's some masking going on in Twilight's tail.

At 1:10 in the Leviathan trailer, Twilight says something but there's no audio to go with it. Yet it's not jarring at all because it's already established in the first 30 seconds that the Shepard is Twilight, so then viewers can form assumptions of their own (Twilight must be trying to say something, but no one can hear her!)

If you can tease the audience enough to get them to believe a certain character makes up for a certain voice by making it spot on, you can cheat later by omitting large chunks of lip sync all together.

Also not trying to promote my own stuff here, just citing an example.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 02:26 PM by analytalica.)
07-28-2013 01:23 PM
Silk_Sk Offline

Tool:
Yes, trailers are a good exercise. But for how impressive people find them they are actually far easier to make then standard PMVs. Because you are so limited with the choices you can make for any given scene, the process of looking for and applying clips to the audio is much more streamlined. This trailer is no different. Nearly every scene was well chosen and worked well with the tone. As for what didn't work, lip sync is only as good as the work you are willing and able to put into it. Good lip sync takes effort and it is up to you to decide whether it is worth it. I'll leave this here for you to make up your mind on that.

What I actually found more annoying then shoddy lip sync was the careless lip flapping. That's when their mouths are moving when nothing is being said. Often lip sync is more about making them shut up then making them talk. In my opinion that is a far greater improvement then making the words match.

Other than that, a few sounds effects didn't quite work, particularly the scene with Twilight breaking through the ice. But I know you wanted to keep scene consistency so it's easily forgivable. Everything else was pretty awesome and it was altogether a great trailer.
07-28-2013 10:28 PM
hibaaryan Offline

Tool:
Ok... This is interesting!

You can easily check out our high quality passvce which prepares you well for the You can also get success in real with the qualitywww.rasmussen.edu
01-16-2015 05:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  White Revia Price In Bahrain, Pharmacy Trailer Vivitrol Malaysia igexgupno 0 41 09-17-2016 01:01 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Latisse Trailer Billing, Is Committed Latisse Treat Increase Eyelash Thickness And F igexgupno 0 26 09-15-2016 08:38 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Younger sister of Victorias Secret model Jessica apagkumti 0 30 06-16-2016 05:17 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Cost Of Claravis Prick Therapy, Accutane Secret Store Los Angeles apagkumti 0 21 06-01-2016 05:41 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
Tongue Lone Ranger [Ponified Trailer] Generalslinkie 1 1,606 07-28-2013 06:57 PM
Last Post: Dynamic Seagull