Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Poll: When you try to learn things, what kind of way do you like best
Short and to the point. I hate wasting time
Fair length for me to pick up and keep up
Lengthy so i can pick up slowly ay my pace(or something)
Depends, honestly on what we're trying to learn
Other(Please Comment)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tutorial Rant(Namely AE tutorial)
Ravistar Offline
The One Pony Band

Tool: After Effects
1Twilight Tutorial Rant(Namely AE tutorial)
I didn't mean to post this in PMV discussion but, oh well, it's mostly about Video things anyway. But anyway, I'm a person who's a bit new to Super high quality video animation and things like that, but i've been doing video Editing/animation for years now. I first used WMM when i started, then moved on to SV, now i'm trying to get into a whole nother ball game all over again with After Effects. You see I'm trying to learn how to make another PMV, So i look up some tutorials on youtube...but...they are so unbelievably and unnessesarily long!

Take this Tutorial for example.

It's not a bad tutorial. Teaches you some nice mirror effect in AE...just one problem. There is absolutely no need for it to be as long as it is. Let me summarize what you learn in the about 20 minutes in about 20 seconds in a grumpy yelly anonymous voice.

CTRL+C AND CTRL+V WHAT YOU WANNA REFLECT. FLIP IT TO WHERE YOU WANT IT TO REFLECT AND CHANGE OPACITY ACCORDINGLY! AND ADD LINEAR WIPE, IF YOU'RE INTO THAT. ADD GLOW AND CRAP AND A CONVINCING BACKDROP AND MAYBE A FEW MORE SHINY THINGS AND VIOLA YOU'RE DONE!

Admittedly i skimmed a few details, but point is, you could probably make a tutorial that is just as if not more comprehensive than this one is in a tenth of the time it took to make the video. admittedly there are those small details that new people may not know but if thats the case then you usually don't have the basics down yet and should start somewhere simpler.

And this is not the only one! i've seen piles upon piles of videos where the videos are extended beyond they should be.

Okay then guys welcome to my tutorial today i'l show you how to do time remmaping now first thing you wanna do is open After Effects, have it load, then open New Project. Now make a new Sequence , with this and that here and that and this there in the settings.Good, nnow add a new movie layer. OKay, now get your clip. I'm personaly going to use this videogame footage that I recorded over-
Makes me wanna Shout
[Image: get+on+with+it.jpg]

For Petes Saké I just wanna figure out how to do that certain thing, not listen to people talk for half an hour. It's like Listening to my math Teacher all over again. I mean i don't know about you but i'm fairly good at math, yet when my Math teacher speaks she/he might as well be speaking in German (And i'm horrible at learning different languages.) Tongue Yet when i see the example equation on my assignment paper(and not in crappy textbooks mind you) it's easy for me to understand.

So yeah, i was wondering, has anyone else here have ever been in that moment where the video is just so long and dull you can hardly watch it, then when you do you're like "you know it really could have been done like this." Anyone? Sorry i just had to go on a tangent there. I'm to lazy to add more to this, now to go make another thread about said PMv i'm working on (Ponifying the credits of a game called Okami)

When in doubt,[Image: Objection.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 11:23 PM by Ravistar.)
08-22-2013 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
analytalica Offline
Esteemed Member

Tool: None
RE: Tutorial Rant(Namely AE tutorial)
I hate bloated long tutorials. Just get to the point for christ's sake.

Here's one of the best Sony Vegas tutorials that I've ever found and it runs for only 40 seconds. Instant like and comment from me.

No time wasted.
08-22-2013 11:28 PM
zariyab Offline

Tool:
RE: Tutorial Rant(Namely AE tutorial)
I'll try to add one every day. Feel free to voice your own opinions on the videos. So far we have-
01-17-2015 06:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  northampton visitor information and facts ; travel tutorial gerardoj763 0 23 02-07-2017 12:08 AM
Last Post: gerardoj763
  Footwear Buying Tutorial Your Fashion-Style agarrett165 0 28 01-15-2017 03:57 AM
Last Post: agarrett165
  correct boot purchasing tutorial jgable4217 0 26 01-06-2017 11:19 AM
Last Post: jgable4217
  Gents Tutorial On How To Pick-up Shoes or boots austinn27 0 19 01-04-2017 07:18 PM
Last Post: austinn27
  right running shoe searching tutorial dpopa488 0 21 09-19-2016 07:03 PM
Last Post: dpopa488
  On-line Shoes Purchasing Tutorial juanitaj188 0 22 09-18-2016 03:19 AM
Last Post: juanitaj188
  After going on a nowdeleted Twitter rant LL Cool J announced Monday apagkumti 0 30 03-20-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: apagkumti