Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reveal to me your secrets, Sony Vegas
Melon Harmony Offline
Useless Forum Explorer
Pinkie Pie

Tool: Sony Vegas
Reveal to me your secrets, Sony Vegas
Sony Vegas Master Race only! Get out, AE filth!
just kidding please join the party Sad R

[Image: mlfw2812-132895365478.jpg]

There are many times where I'll be working on my favourite video editing program (we're pretty great friends, Vegas and I. AE can take a long walk off a short peer with it's confusing things and... stuff) but then I'll stop, look at my screen and simply ask, "Why?"
"Why what?", you might be wondering.
Well... Why this:

Why, Vegas? Why? Sad R
I thought we were friends! You know me by now. I do a lot of masking. I found out your little 'disable resample' secret (another minor "why?") and I've more or less perfected my masking technique in most cases. Why do you like to crash while I'm masking?

I guess this thread can be used to share any other secrets to Vegas (it really doesn't have to though) but could someone at the very least shed some light on this situation? (if you can)

Is it something to do with Sony Vegas 11.0?
Is it something to do with computer (or laptop Rolleyes ) properties?
Am I missing something here?

If this should be in the "Ask your video editing questions here!" or "Random tips" threads then I'm sorry. I just thought a thread where you share secrets in Vegas is different to threads for asking questions or giving tips - both of which eventually end up being predominantly AE things.
it'll probably be abandoned when/if my question is answered anyways

Confused The Sony Vegas Master Race needs somewhere to share their master secrets without being tainted by AE lower class...
10-29-2013 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

RE: Reveal to me your secrets, Sony Vegas
Pssst, I'll share my Sony Vegas secret with you...

[Image: b7e.jpg]

Don't tell anyone!

Can't help you with crashes though. I'm using Sony Vegas 10 myself and it's running very smooth, never get crashes. Could it be a resource issue? Are your PC specs up to snuff?
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 03:22 PM by Jaref.)
10-29-2013 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EDWizard Offline
Applejack fanboy
Applejack

Tool: After Effects
Well, the first step is to download After Effects.

But for cerealz, it could have to do with your computer specs just not being high enough. Honestly though, Vegas just crashes every so often regardless of system specs, nothing you can do except save often.

Oh, would you look at that....

[Image: MgrsXfj.jpg]
10-29-2013 03:27 PM
Melon Harmony Offline
Useless Forum Explorer
Pinkie Pie

(10-29-2013 03:27 PM)EDWizard Wrote:  Oh, would you look at that....

[Image: MgrsXfj.jpg]
Because sometimes hugging After Effects is perfectly logical...

I double-checked my specs and the specs needed and everything seems to be in order. Maybe Vegas and I aren't SUCH good friends Sad R
Kidding! EVERYONE is my friend (not)

The funny thing is I do have After Effects but it scares me with its "confusing things and... stuff".
I tried it once. Here is a pretty accurate representation of how it went down:

YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BADGES TO TRAIN ME!
10-29-2013 04:09 PM
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

It happens to me too. But i save all the time, so it's not a big deal. Seriously, i save after every singe cut, so i don't lose anything- it's a routine.
Sometimes, it says "something is missing", but you can prevent that problem simply by finding missing files after the search is done. But i don't remember exactly what to do since it didn't happen in a long time. Actually, i don't remember when it "stopped working" like that.

Oh and for the record.... Vegas pro > AE Bwaghahahahahahaaha(but since i have AE installed on my machine, i want to learn it too)

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 06:11 PM by TerriccotaPie.)
10-29-2013 06:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Melon Harmony Offline
Useless Forum Explorer
Pinkie Pie

(10-29-2013 06:10 PM)TerriccotaPie Wrote:  But I save all the time, so it's not a big deal.
Oh, I got into that routine long ago. I only needed it to crash and lose some of my hard work three or so times while masking back in July/August 2012 (while making my Price Tag PMV aka: the first time I REALLY masked things...sort of) It was an... interesting experience Confused
I'm just glad I'm not the only one. Otherwise I might have debated my friendship with Vegas Tongue

(10-29-2013 06:10 PM)TerriccotaPie Wrote:  Oh and for the record.... Vegas pro > AE Bwaghahahahahahaaha

[Image: mlfw3167-13303809323092.gif]
BWAAAHHAHAHAHGHAHAAHGAhKfhjsdknaskfj

[Image: like_a_discord_by_leibi97-d5rv2ix.png]
quite
10-29-2013 06:40 PM
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

You are not alone my friend... You are not alone...

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
10-29-2013 06:43 PM
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

Tool: After Effects
Are you putting a lot stress on your comp, i.e. using a lot of effects that require a large amount of cpu? Also does it happen at a specific time, like importing clips or something?
10-29-2013 08:52 PM
Melon Harmony Offline
Useless Forum Explorer
Pinkie Pie

There's quite a bit of masking throughout but other than that there aren't a lot of effect. There are certain clip I've masked where, if you fiddle with them/look at them for too long, Vegas crashes.
It's not really a problem because, like I said, I do save like it's out of fashion. It just gets the tiniest bit annoying when I have to restart the program multiple times and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it before (which, as it turns out, is the case)
10-30-2013 03:31 AM
analytalica Offline
Esteemed Member

Tool: None
Once you go Vegas, you never go back.

If you want random secrets, here are some random tips I've learned:

1) No resampling. No no no. Turn that off. Right click a clip > properties > disable resample. To bulk disable resample, select many clips > right click > switches > disable resample. It makes this ugly ghosting effect.

2) Vegas is good at slowing down and speeding up footage, but it looks way better if you make the rate of change a nice number. Instead of ctrl+clicking one the ends and dragging back and fourth, change the playback rate in Properties to 1.5, 2.0, or 0.5.

3) You can import other Vegas clips onto the timeline. If you have one clip that's five layers tall, save it in a different .veg and drag that file in to make it a single layer. You can also add effects easier that way.

4) Vegas can animate masks to varying sizes, just like it can animate the virtual camera. Set some keyframes, draw some masks, and Vegas can do the rest for you for near-linear movement.

5) Speaking of animation, the default linear animation is really boring! Right click a keyframe, select "Fast" and the animation looks smoother.

6) M key to set a marker.

And more that I can't think of.
10-30-2013 09:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sony has appear aboriginal fifafifa 0 75 10-04-2016 02:24 AM
Last Post: fifafifa
  CNNs Pat Cash finds out the secrets to the igexgupno 0 24 09-26-2016 10:25 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Reveal Scares, Monday That Though, Cheap Vivitrol Cup Instrukcija apagkumti 0 24 06-09-2016 01:08 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Interviews reveal unwelcome advances a shrewd reliance on ungihkoco 0 24 06-07-2016 03:07 PM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  How healthtracking apps reveal new truths about our ungihkoco 0 23 03-29-2016 02:29 PM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Vegas and .mkv ComicSansaMS 10 2,582 08-09-2015 04:14 AM
Last Post: loesnger
  other options in sony vegas 13 Drummershy8 2 730 04-10-2015 11:25 AM
Last Post: Drummershy8