Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Discussion] Season 4 Episodes 1 & 2: Reactions and Discussion
Mad_hatters_in_jeans Offline
Remember
Pinkie Pie

Tool: Sony Vegas
RE: Season 4 Episodes 1 & 2: Reactions and Discussion
I enjoyed it in the stream, gonna watch it again in higher quality later and go into a bit more detail.
11-24-2013 03:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

Tool: After Effects
That was a great opening, finally we know how banishing of luna looked like, retrospections surely were the brightest part of the episodes, but it's good that discord is still the same discord we all loved Big Grin
11-24-2013 10:46 AM
Remember
Pinkie Pie

(11-24-2013 10:46 AM)Izeer Wrote:  That was a great opening, finally we know how banishing of luna looked like, retrospections surely were the brightest part of the episodes, but it's good that discord is still the same discord we all loved Big Grin

The funny thing is they don't even need discord for any part of the premiere and it would still have the same result. He's just a red herring really.
11-24-2013 12:42 PM
EDWizard Offline
Applejack fanboy
Applejack

(11-24-2013 12:42 PM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  The funny thing is they don't even need discord for any part of the premiere and it would still have the same result. He's just a red herring really.

They needed to bring him back to fix the absolute mess they made of his character in season 3. They did a good job, and I'm happy with the development he got this time around. Also, he convinced Twilight to return to her friends, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to fix the tree.
11-24-2013 08:16 PM
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Discord was kind of wasted here, but he was good comic relief so it's ok. And the whole emotional scene was.. mweh. I think they just wanted to make sure the whole "friendship is magic" lesson is learned once and for all.

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 09:59 PM by TerriccotaPie.)
11-24-2013 09:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Remember
Pinkie Pie

(11-24-2013 08:16 PM)EDWizard Wrote:  
(11-24-2013 12:42 PM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  The funny thing is they don't even need discord for any part of the premiere and it would still have the same result. He's just a red herring really.

They needed to bring him back to fix the absolute mess they made of his character in season 3. They did a good job, and I'm happy with the development he got this time around. Also, he convinced Twilight to return to her friends, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to fix the tree.
Well did he?
For all we know he just jabbed at Twilight because he's a jerk. Given his taunting earlier I seriously doubt he has any motivation to be nice to the mane six at all.
11-25-2013 04:08 AM
EDWizard Offline
Applejack fanboy
Applejack

(11-25-2013 04:08 AM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  Well did he?
For all we know he just jabbed at Twilight because he's a jerk. Given his taunting earlier I seriously doubt he has any motivation to be nice to the mane six at all.

I'm not saying that he did it intentionally because he cared, it could have been a mere side effect of his being a jerk. That doesn't change the fact that he was necessary for the plot of the episode.

And honestly, if he had no more goal than to be a jerk, that would say just as much about his character as if he had intentionally helped Twilight. So good use of Discord in my opinion.
11-25-2013 09:21 PM
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

While I think it's just that Discord loves to mess with the mane-6, there could be other reasons behind his actions. Trying to cause rifts between them, manipulating Twilight, pushing her to become stronger, strong enough to rival Celestia. If you want to be really dark, maybe he was hoping Twilight would actually get herself killed going back into the Everfree forest, to eliminate the threat of the elements of harmony once and for all. But I think he just finds their adventuring to be the greatest source of entertainment around now that he can't be all evil for himself. It's Discord, who knows? Rolleyes
11-25-2013 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Remember
Pinkie Pie

(11-25-2013 09:21 PM)EDWizard Wrote:  
(11-25-2013 04:08 AM)Mad_hatters_in_jeans Wrote:  Well did he?

I'm not saying that he did it intentionally because he cared, it could have been a mere side effect of his being a jerk. That doesn't change the fact that he was necessary for the plot of the episode.

And honestly, if he had no more goal than to be a jerk, that would say just as much about his character as if he had intentionally helped Twilight. So good use of Discord in my opinion.
I'm sure Twilight would have figured it out somehow, perhaps through the power of montage.

Either way it's a bit of a weak reason to have a character there "because they taunted Twilight to go back to her friends" I mean isn't that why we have Rainbow Dash?

(11-25-2013 10:09 PM)Jaref Wrote:  While I think it's just that Discord loves to mess with the mane-6, there could be other reasons behind his actions. Trying to cause rifts between them, manipulating Twilight, pushing her to become stronger, strong enough to rival Celestia. If you want to be really dark, maybe he was hoping Twilight would actually get herself killed going back into the Everfree forest, to eliminate the threat of the elements of harmony once and for all. But I think he just finds their adventuring to be the greatest source of entertainment around now that he can't be all evil for himself. It's Discord, who knows? Rolleyes
I used to think this was a reasonable assumption but then why would Discord want the most capable pony of dealing with a scenario like this to go and undo his very much delayed evil plan?

And if he did do it for good reasons why the taunting?

And why the hell didn't they turn him to stone like Rarity/RD and AJ demanded he should be before they left?

They could easily have un-stoned him after everything was done. I mean it's like leaving a high priority prisoner on the loose when a civil war breaks out, it makes no sense.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 03:32 AM by Mad_hatters_in_jeans.)
11-26-2013 03:29 AM
The Talkie Toaster Offline
That not-so special somepony
Moderators

[Image: k1yxqeF.png]
aw yis
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 03:53 AM by The Talkie Toaster.)
11-28-2013 03:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Geography dissertation discussion igexgupno 0 28 09-15-2016 06:08 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Part Of The Discussion An Promethazine Obscure Mosque Is A Reminder apagkumti 0 30 05-28-2016 05:47 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  And Why A Live Discussion Is Offered Feldene That Day From 9 Am To 2 Pm ungihkoco 0 31 05-27-2016 03:04 PM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Generic True Aromasin Discussion apagkumti 0 35 05-04-2016 04:08 AM
  Awaiting new episodes of HBOaposs smash hit show quotGame of ungihkoco 0 27 04-25-2016 09:00 AM
  Generic tea ursosan 600mg gina discussion, cheap lee urso if rezeptfrei ungihkoco 0 35 04-23-2016 01:44 AM
  Panel discussion called The Finance Crisis Lessons apagkumti 0 45 04-05-2016 10:32 PM