Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Matter of Lips and Sync
The SpawnersTouch Offline
A Spawner

Tool:
A Matter of Lips and Sync

In many of my later PMV's I have been putting a lot of the focus on Lip syncing, and Syncing in general.

Now, How do you ponies out there go about your lip-syncing, if you are concerned with it at all that is.

Many times one can without much trouble make the scene look like the ponies are singing it without editing at all. Yet at times it requires excessive editing.
I am the kind of person that puts more work into the syncing than say, Adding AE effects, so I am interested how you all out there handle this.

I approve this.
12-01-2013 04:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
RE: A Matter of Lips and Sync
I try to avoid lip syncing in my videos because i suck at doing that. I have to work on lip syncing when i make MLP trailer parodies... Confused

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
12-01-2013 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mad_hatters_in_jeans Offline
Remember
Pinkie Pie

Tool: Sony Vegas
From what I can recall it's just a matter of putting in the time to do it, I don't know of any quick way of syncing them.
:/
12-01-2013 07:33 PM
Somniis Offline

Tool: Other
I have done a fair amount of Lip-syncing, and the "un-professional" advice I have is to a) Find a clip that you like for a section. b) to lip-sync divide the clip into sections after every word the pony originally says. c) count the number of words they say. d) if you are short on words or need more you can "cut" out small sections (only a few frames or it will be noticed) to add, add a reverse duplicate clip (normal clip followed by the same one played backwards, then the normal one again) of the film section from one of the word clips. e) time each word to take up the same amount of time as the word they are syncing so that it can be followed, if one word is off it will be noticed and can throw the watcher off. Not exactly a professional way of doing it, and there is probably a better way, but that's how I do it.
06-10-2014 12:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
waleed12 Offline

Tool:
Many times one can without much trouble make the scene look like the ponies are singing it without editing at all. Yet at times it requires excessive editing.
I am the kind of person that puts more work into the syncing than say, Adding AE effects, so I am interested how you all out there handle this.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 05:25 AM by waleed12.)
01-08-2015 03:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Consider anyone, reload few melipramine pills, depranil soup does order matter poxkelib 0 6 10-07-2017 07:34 PM
Last Post: poxkelib
  Buy sync miorel online igexgupno 0 35 09-13-2016 03:29 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Buy Pantoprazol Dublin, Pantoprazole Does Order Matter ungihkoco 0 34 06-06-2016 03:52 PM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Lasix White Does Order Matter apagkumti 0 42 05-30-2016 07:27 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Cap Yet Thirsty Weekend, Cookies Be Cant, Lips Milo Money ungihkoco 0 51 05-29-2016 03:40 PM
  Cost disease to sheriff make individual avana lips 100mg, generic mister avana answe ungihkoco 0 39 04-24-2016 03:35 PM