• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Favorite PMVs?
EDWizard Offline
Applejack fanboy
Applejack

Tool: After Effects
Exclamation Favorite PMVs?
I feel the need to start a thread.... so

There are a lot of great PMVs out there, whats everyone's favorites?

Lets see....

1. Would have to be Dash's Determination. This video just has everything. The feels, the great editing, the awesome storyline of Dash's trials and how she is able to overcome them.

2. Strive like Applejack. That video is stunning in terms of scene creation and highlighting a character. If it was longer it would probably be my number 1.

3. Stars Will Aid in Her Escape. Basically for the same reason as the first. Got some solid editing, and the storytelling is amazing. It really dives into the mystery of nightmare moon.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 01:58 AM by EDWizard.)
11-16-2012 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jerxmy Offline

Tool:
RE: Favorite PMVs?
Summertime, by liftlok
Good Time, by Epicdarkwizard12
Take on Me, by RSMV2YoU
Save The World Tonight, by striken2k11
Fire Hive, by Iamxkoreanx
Starstruck, by mylittlebr0ny
Fist with Pinkie, by topnotchbrony

All AMAZING videos, I suggest you check them all out ;D

(11-16-2012 11:40 PM)EDWizard Wrote:  I feel the need to start a threat.... so

There are a lot of great PMVs out there, whats everyone's favorites?

Lets see....

1. Would have to be Dash's Determination. This video just has everything. The feels, the great editing, the awesome storyline of Dash's trials and how she is able to overcome them.

2. Strive like Applejack. That video is stunning in terms of scene creation and highlighting a character. If it was longer it would probably be my number 1.

3. Stars Will Aid in Her Escape. Basically for the same reason as the first. Got some solid editing, and the storytelling is amazing. It really dives into the mystery of nightmare moon.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 12:41 AM by Jerxmy.)
11-17-2012 12:35 AM
iAmxKoreaNx Offline
PoniPoniPoni

Tool: Windows Movie Maker
Favorite PMVs? Hm...

In no particular order:
Dork, because, yeah. Motion graphics.

Dash's Determination is up there too, agreed on that. The story it tells, the pacing, and the editing is all wonderful.

Toxic by Liftlok, because he has a damn cool editing style.

Good Time, because it's always a good time.

I actually like Shine Like Rarity better than Strive Like Applejack. Not sure why, maybe it has something to do with it being the video that introduced me to ponies. Also typography.

This one is also freakin' cool, but highly underrated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KG7gtQCpMI
11-17-2012 12:46 AM
The Talkie Toaster Offline
That not-so special somepony
Moderators

My Favorite PMV would probably be You're Gonna Go Far Kid, this one is awesome on so many levels. Out of ten, I would rate this one at about twenty-seven.

Mostly because it was the video that kick started my journey into the Brony fandom.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 07:39 PM by The Talkie Toaster.)
11-18-2012 07:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. ShinyObject Offline

Tool:
"The Stars will Aide in Her Escape" is easily numero uno, always has been, but Tetris in the Key of Ponies, Kill your heroes, B.E.A.T., and Pinkie Sparrow are also up there. Tetris has awesome timing and clip selection, kill your heroes is just so fun, B.E.A.T. is fun and well-done in general, and Pinkie Sparrow is the first video I've seen where it actually matches each of FOUR singers with their own pony, and still has clips that match perfectly.
11-19-2012 11:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LordPony Offline
Lord of the Ponies
Administrators

Tool:
You guys have listed a lot of my favs already. A couple more that I really love:

Dear Princess Celestia... by omgilikeapples: for the really charming paper cut-out effect.
Wake Up by TommyXe: just perfect timing on everything.
Blame it on the Equine: An Awesome, Awesome Season by MelonHarmony: always makes me smile!
11-20-2012 12:41 AM
The Invincible Offline
Mashup Johnny

Tool: Sony Vegas
I have a lot of different favorites for a lot of different reasons:

Stamp on the Ground by FluttershyElsa and The Garden by mmmandarinorange, for amazing visual effects.

TheDanielsaur's TECHNO POLKA series is great for a quick laugh.

And the Turnabout Storm series is fantastic because the story is great and is very true to the original games.

There's a bunch more, I'm sure. But those are just the ones from the top of my head.
11-24-2012 11:55 PM
LordPony Offline
Lord of the Ponies
Administrators

Tool:
This thread got me thinking: do you all think we should add a "classics" section, for some of these great PMVs that came out before the site started?
11-25-2012 01:49 PM
EDWizard Offline
Applejack fanboy
Applejack

(11-25-2012 01:49 PM)LordPony Wrote:  This thread got me thinking: do you all think we should add a "classics" section, for some of these great PMVs that came out before the site started?

Sure!

As long as you could narrow down which ones that would be and how many videos you would put in. It might be kind of difficult to do, but its a very cool idea.
11-25-2012 03:21 PM
The Invincible Offline
Mashup Johnny

Tool: Sony Vegas
(11-25-2012 01:49 PM)LordPony Wrote:  This thread got me thinking: do you all think we should add a "classics" section, for some of these great PMVs that came out before the site started?

I like this idea!

Maybe, in addition to the PMV of the Day you usually do, we could set up a weekly special for historic and popular PMVs of the past. Like a "Wayback Wednesday" or "Throwback Thursday" kinda thing. We could have them in a special archive or create a tag for them.

Like Wiz says, the hard part would be picking which ones to feature, since we all have our own opinions about them. How about if we create a thread where we can discuss the merits of each video, then we can schedule a day to have a vote, and the winner gets posted the next day. Think that would work out?
11-25-2012 09:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  information on warts favorite activity phyllisb003 0 28 01-11-2017 01:14 PM
Last Post: phyllisb003
  asic footwear are some of the planet's most favorite dewaynec15 0 19 01-07-2017 02:32 PM
Last Post: dewaynec15
  my favorite walk jogging sneakers hsanderson85 0 27 01-04-2017 04:28 AM
Last Post: hsanderson85
  my favorite walk athletic shoes wcook985 0 31 12-21-2016 07:28 PM
Last Post: wcook985
  here's why that birkenstocks certainly are a shoes favorite everywhere over the world wcook985 0 25 12-11-2016 06:58 AM
Last Post: wcook985
  favorite pairs harmless looking on for benedictd635 0 17 11-22-2016 12:00 AM
Last Post: benedictd635
  my favorite trail athletic shoes virginiap857 0 34 09-27-2016 02:57 AM
Last Post: virginiap857
  this all time favorite usa boots martinw2145 0 38 09-10-2016 07:25 AM
Last Post: martinw2145
  Rafael Nadal isnapost the favorite in aqketgimu 0 42 05-21-2016 07:12 AM
Last Post: aqketgimu
  Favorite because of his trick shots and gags but the aqketgimu 0 47 04-21-2016 06:40 AM
Last Post: aqketgimu