Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[PMV] editing
selowe2011 Offline

Tool: Other
editing
Hello everypony! My username is selowe2011 and this is my first thread....have mercy. :|
I have a question about editing pmvs. I am using windows live movie maker and am currently on another pmv. What is the best way to edit the music and video volumes to have differing volumes from scene to scene without chopping (splitting) it up? I am using the split tool but not getting a great result. The transition between the two scenes is jarring to say the least and I am trying to get it as seamless as possible. I have tried different fading in and fading out for the music at these scenes but it is not going well. Any advice?
02-12-2014 01:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

Tool: Sony Vegas
RE: editing
What you could do is use a program like Audacity to edit the song and the episode audio you want into one file. It's a good program, and it's free! Don't think there's any better way to do it in Windows Movie Maker, but it's been a while since I used it.

You can get voice only audio from the episodes here: http://www.mlptf2mods.com/create/reference-materials

And welcome to the forums! Big Grin
02-12-2014 07:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

Tool: After Effects
RE: editing
Hello and welcome to the forums. Feel free to make a offical introduction thread in the "Introductions" sub forums and tell us about yourself and channel.

As for the question as Jaref said, Audacity is a great basic, and free editing program. Really probably the best in the free tier.

If you wanna look into the paid (free if you wear an eye patch) programs I'd really recommend sony vegas for just low level audio editing. Many people fail to realize that vegas was originally an audio editor that just molded into a video editor. Regardless it has a number of neat audio tools that I have no idea how to use... but as far as cutting and combining audio clips go, its easy, fast, and works pretty damn well.

Welcome again, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask : )
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 10:21 PM by Dynamic Seagull.)
02-12-2014 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Editing Dissertations igexgupno 0 44 09-20-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  New slimex program that aims to set a safe course for gene editing igexgupno 0 61 09-10-2016 03:57 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Research paper peer editing rubric aqketgimu 0 65 05-28-2016 09:31 PM
Last Post: aqketgimu
  Top essay editing service ungihkoco 0 61 05-24-2016 07:21 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Resume Editing Services apagkumti 0 47 05-16-2016 06:32 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Essay Proofreading And Editing aqketgimu 0 47 05-16-2016 04:58 AM
Last Post: aqketgimu
  Editing Narrative Essay apagkumti 0 62 05-11-2016 11:16 PM
Last Post: apagkumti