Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Identifying an effect
redTygr Offline
/)
Fluttershy

Tool: After Effects
Identifying an effect

The effect I'm curious about occurs at about 25 seconds into the video: TIMECODED LINK

I've seen a similar effect before-- it seems to be quite common. Can anyone point out what effect it is, or if it is done manually, how to do it?

Thanks! Wink
03-24-2014 09:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

RE: Identifying an effect
This is all referenced to After effects, also this is me guessing... so I can be wrong:

If you mean the transition into the scene with Twi that's called CC Lens, under distort. Pretty simple effect to do.

If you mean the actual scene with flashing then that looks like a color filter of some sort of course with a sync'd adjustment layer with changing brightness. Either he did it manually which would work fine in this case since its so short.

But odds are he cranked up the base in the song, converted audio to key frames, then linked it to the brightness property with a basic expression. Its a lot easier than it sounds, just take some time to play with expression to get your flashes looking just right. Plus sometimes the actual key frames need some touching up, but AE does most of the leg work as long as the song has a solid bass beat. Which this one does here. I've included the link of the video I always referenced when I needed audio key frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1B4Y328Rk
Good luck.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 01:52 PM by Dynamic Seagull.)
03-24-2014 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
Are you talking about that transition?
I use Vegas, and if i wanted to make something like this... I would use Iris - Circle out. And i would change the footage with Swirl or Deform. Im no expert, really.

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
03-24-2014 12:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redTygr Offline
/)
Fluttershy

@Dynamic Seagull: Yeap, CC Lens was what I was looking for! The flashing guide will be useful though, thanks for pointing it out! I've tried doing it with Trapcode Sound Keys and Shine, but it didn't turn out how I wanted. I'll give that method a try, thanks Big Grin

@TerriccotaPie: I use After Effects, but thanks for pointing it out, it might come in handy to anyone else using vegas who might be interested in the same effect. Cheers Smile
03-25-2014 12:37 AM
Branzila143 Offline

Tool:
Knowing your style, I'd say that Premier is a viable choice since it can do most of the stuff that SV can do, and I think you rely more on scene selection and careful flow than use of effects.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 07:53 AM by Branzila143.)
02-16-2015 03:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cause And Effect Of Pollution Movie Review apagkumti 0 36 06-15-2016 07:28 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Cause And Effect Statements In Essays aqketgimu 0 27 05-28-2016 01:35 PM
Last Post: aqketgimu
  Do article review about cause and effect of poverty for me aqketgimu 0 23 05-16-2016 07:13 PM
Last Post: aqketgimu
  Research paper identifying the linguistic political social economic apagkumti 0 25 05-07-2016 09:50 AM
  Thesis statement generator for cause and effect essay apagkumti 0 36 05-05-2016 01:15 PM
  Identifying/Replicating an Effect Eldonde 5 1,462 09-10-2014 02:47 AM
Last Post: mohsinj677