Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Melody of Friendship (PMV)
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
Melody of Friendship (PMV)
This is a video i made 2 weeks ago. it's a simple PMV, and i played with colors a little. As always, i used Vegas 10 and Photoshop to make some effects.
I would like to hear your opinion?

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
04-09-2014 08:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redTygr Offline
/)
Fluttershy

Tool: After Effects
RE: Melody of Friendship (PMV)
I really enjoyed it, this style was really effective with the music! I'll be giving lots of picky advice on particular things, cause that's usually what I look for when I submit videos for concrit. To the nitpicking:

This music is really interesting, since it's not a bass pumping EDM track, but still has quite strong hits on the beat. For most of your clips, the sync in cuts and internal sync (things that happen in the clip) fit well with the beat, but where it wasn't, it didn't have the same impact. Syncing everything up would give better flow and make the music and visuals more coherent.

The blue flourish at 0 : 35 doesn't fit so well IMO, the colour doesn't blend nicely with the background and looks too foreign. A gradient overlay with more neutral colours would allow it to work with the BG.

The scene at 0 : 39 with RD flying is great, but her colours being off distracted me too much. Maybe you could use some colour correction, especially since there is a canon scene right after, which would make it feel like it's more the same scene. Also, horizontally flipping the IRL scene would allow it to flow much better with the next scene, since if the RD's are flying in the same direction it'd feel much more coherent, and would suggest that it is supposed to be the same scene (if that's what you were going for)

The cut at 1:18 seemed really abrupt to me- I can see that you're trying to make the position of filly and adult twilight fit exactly, but it was quite jarring for me since it was such a big skip from small to adult twilight. Also, the few scenes from 1:18 seemed too twilight-centric, in contrast with the rest of the video which were more about all of the mane 6. On the other hand, the cut at 0:50 was really well done IMO, even though it was from adult RD to the filly mane 6's, since you had the sonic rainboom as a coherent device, making it flow reeally well (I only noticed it the second or third time I watched it).

Sorry if this was a bit too much negative advice, but IMO with this style of PMV, negative things are much easier to spot and point out than the things that are done really well, which is only really indicated by a particular feeling the viewer leaves the video with-- and I felt it. It was well done, but just polishing off these fine details can make it an amazing PMV.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 11:50 PM by redTygr.)
04-11-2014 11:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
I am always opened for a constructive critique! And i agree with everything you said here. I'll try my best to fix similar problems in my future PMVs.
The blue flourish really doesn't fit well, i shouldn't have used it at all.
0 : 39, i wanted to make that RD part look like a dream, so the next scene looks stronger. I guess it would still be better if i fixed her color, and flipped IRL scene.

Tnx for the replay!
P.S. sorry if i messed up my English here Smile

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 08:42 AM by TerriccotaPie.)
04-12-2014 08:42 AM
hanifnoor Offline

Tool:
This music is really interesting, since it's not a bass pumping EDM track, but still has quite strong hits on the beat. For most of your clips, the sync in cuts and internal sync (things that happen in the clip) fit well with the beat, but where it wasn't, it didn't have the same impact. Syncing everything up would give better flow and make the music and visuals more coherent.

http://www.cca.edu/
http://www.test-king.com/exams/640-722.htm
http://www.sterling.edu/
http://www.test-king.com/training/ccnp-syllabus.htm
http://www.principiacollege.edu/
01-02-2015 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Friendship Atripla In Nz, Online They Atripla 300 Testimonials, Web Pharmacy Strengt igexgupno 0 40 09-17-2016 12:05 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  A close friendship with fellow The Bachelor finalists Alex igexgupno 0 50 09-15-2016 12:58 AM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Friendship Park Mezym Some 60 Musicians Participated In ungihkoco 0 36 06-01-2016 08:03 PM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Wee past friendship since ungihkoco 0 35 05-18-2016 11:14 PM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Article review about real friendship apagkumti 0 28 05-09-2016 04:32 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Purchase the soloist a lost dream an unlikely friendship steve lopez dissertation co apagkumti 0 24 05-08-2016 05:16 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
  my little prince of egypt The Plagues pmv pinkiegirl12x 2 517 04-25-2015 02:32 AM
Last Post: shapatan
2Rainbow [PMV] Dashie Jet - my First PMV IDigAPony 0 249 04-17-2015 12:41 AM
Last Post: IDigAPony
  [PMV] Season 5 Equallity PMV Drummershy8 0 231 04-15-2015 09:29 PM
Last Post: Drummershy8
  [MINI PMV] When I'm Soniccrew128 (1k Sub Special) Soniccrew128 0 223 04-12-2015 08:04 PM
Last Post: Soniccrew128