Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Discussion] A deal with Hasbro's claims on Yotube.
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

Tool: After Effects
A deal with Hasbro's claims on Yotube.
Hey guys.
I wanted to hear your opinions on those recent hasbro's strikes on pony videos.
And im not only talking about C&D's. Recently, they started claiming my videos.
As you may know or not, I don't use any scenes from show, just some masks and vectors, even though, they still manage to detect it and claim.

Do you got the same problem? Does your videos get claimed too recently?
I mean, it seems they began to search for pony videos more accurately.
Or maybe you got some methods to avoid their claims? Do you dispute those claims, and does it even work?

~Izeer
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 08:22 AM by Izeer.)
04-12-2014 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
RE: A deal with Hasbro's claims on Yotube.
I still didn't get any claims. But im just waiting for them to come! :/

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
04-12-2014 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

That's a bummer. Pretty much all my videos are flagged with Hasbro content, but I never had any video removed by Hasbro. Benefit of having low viewcounts I guess

I recomment making an alternative account, or uploading the videos to another site like Dailymotion
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 03:04 PM by Jaref.)
04-12-2014 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

Well, they didn't delete my videos. Just flagged them, which means I can't have my own ads on them, and since like I said I use only some masks and vectors, really sucks :/
04-12-2014 08:23 PM
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

Well, recently Hasbro has been claiming every videos the Youtube Content id finds. It started in early january (it isn't linked with the recent Content id policy's change) and by march all my videos were claimed by Hasbro. (except for one with hardcore blur effects and color correction)

It's their right to do so. I mean I don't believe most of PMV makers have paid when downloading episodes. And they had a choice to make: Wether they deleted every videos or they put ads on them. I know it's annoying, but MLP analyst don't get the same treatment. In hasbro's point of view, PMVs are some kind of free ads. We don't blame the serie and most of the time we show how awesome FiM is. That's why they flagged every videos. Don't forget that Hasbro is a big company and that they have to prove they control their incomes. It's easier for them to say: "We benefit from communities on the internet despite they don't usually pay for it" rather than: "There are lots of people using our work illegally and we try hard to stop them"

And that's pretty much why this could have been worse.
04-13-2014 03:30 AM
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

(04-12-2014 08:23 PM)Izeer Wrote:  Well, they didn't delete my videos. Just flagged them, which means I can't have my own ads on them, and since like I said I use only some masks and vectors, really sucks :/

Oh I see. I think the content ID's are very fair, especially if it stops them from removing videos. Even if you're only using vectors, it's still assets from their show, their copyright and you have no right to make money out of it. You can't have the cake and eat it too, sadly

If my videos can support Hasbro in some measly way, more power to it.
04-13-2014 04:37 AM
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

I know they have a right to claim my videos. Though IMO claiming something that have only a minor amount of their property, is kinda unfair, it's not like Im uploading whole episode or something. Being too restrictive is not a good thing too imo.
04-13-2014 06:39 AM
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

I agree, it isn't entirely fair. The problem with content ID is that the user is always guilty until he proves he isn't. Moreover, when someone claims a video, all the incomes (55% of the ad revenue) goes to him. Just because you used one's song or movie during 3 seconds.

But remember that 10 years ago when you wanted to use some copyrighted content (unless you wanted to face a court) you had to pay a huge amount of money. Nowadays you just can't monetize it. It's not 100% fair but they let us expressing our artistic side. It's a compromise but it's more of a win-win system than a fight against users.
04-13-2014 06:50 AM
rainbowdashzx Offline

Since my first uploads back in December of 2011, all of my videos have "matched third-party content." And I find this to be completely fair. I didn't pay for the episodes, nor the tracks I'm using. (Save for one or two.) I feel that if I were to be making money off of others' works, it would be wrong. Like taking an image from deviantART, making a t-shirt of it, and selling it as my own. It's wrong, even if you credit its original creator.

The same goes to making PMVs with little show clips, and mainly vectors. They OWN the designs for those characters. You're borrowing them. And you can't make money off of things you borrowed. I find it wrong that people can make a living off of using freely gathered resources. (Not necessarily from PMV Making, but.. Let's Players for example.)

If you truly believe you need to be making money through your work, look in to sites like Patreon. But don't expect YouTube to pay you to borrow content from others.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 02:56 PM by rainbowdashzx.)
04-14-2014 02:54 PM
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

I turned on ads just this month for the first time, because I didn't feel right with getting money from it before. But since I need money for new pc to make videos faster and better, I had to. Also, I don't find making money of pmv's bad.
While it is true that im using their content, it's the animation and my time putted into this is what im getting money from. You could say the same about musicians that sell their songs and sing about pony characters, they remix songs from show and also sell it, so they use copyrighted content too, but no one bats an eye.
And I have no other way getting money from my work than getting it from ads. Of course I could get paid for animations I would do for someone, but it's not a common thing in our fandom.
04-14-2014 05:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Investigate claims he had an affair with a junior officer poxkelib 0 5 10-04-2017 09:36 AM
Last Post: poxkelib
  PhotographerBrendan Birkett claims that in no igexgupno 0 65 09-24-2016 02:05 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Claims To Have An AI Warticon That Produces More ezatonqov 0 77 09-10-2016 01:30 AM
Last Post: ezatonqov
  Claims That She Cant Take Her Dogs Out Pripsen For A Walk Because apagkumti 0 55 06-11-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Against husband l-thyroxine Johnny Depp whom she claims has apagkumti 0 63 06-01-2016 06:12 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Claims Levetiracetam Andorra, Rope Keppra For Sale, Order Handling Kopodex Zamiennik ungihkoco 0 62 05-17-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Withdrew claims from a Florida court that they defamed each other aqketgimu 0 68 04-10-2016 09:11 AM
Last Post: aqketgimu