Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Discussion] A deal with Hasbro's claims on Yotube.
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

Tool: After Effects
RE: A deal with Hasbro's claims on Yotube.
I just logged into my youtube account and checked for the hell of it, while pretty much all of them have the "Third party match content" indicator, I do not have an specific Hasbro claims as far as I could tell. I really feel bad for you because I'm not even sure if there is anything you can do to resolve this. From what I've heard once you get those claims you're shit out of luck... but I could be wrong. I don't really have any new suggestions on the monetizing parts/ alternatives; other patronizing sites work I guess but I doubt any come close to the popularity of Youtube. Best of luck, hope you get that new pc eventually.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 09:54 PM by Dynamic Seagull.)
04-14-2014 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rainbowdashzx Offline

Tool: Sony Vegas
If your video was claimed by Hasbro, there is nothing you can, and nothing you should do. Your videos aren't being claimed to have Transformers stuff in it, are they? So obviously their system detects that you're using their material. As for your comment on Brony Musicians? It's equally wrong too. And that is why TheLivingTombstone, upon getting signed to a label, had to stop monetizing his MLP tracks, or risk being sued and cut form his label. He's making those tracks for fun, not for money. And for a good reason.

Just because a majority of people do something, does not make it right. Are you aware a majority of people do not wash their hands after they use the restroom? It's not right, and you shouldn't let it set an example for you.
The same logic applies here. You're borrowing material from the show. Backgrounds, vectors, clips, music, whatever it may be. You do not own any rights to them, and so you should not make anything from it. It's a harsh reality to some, but a reality nonetheless. How would you feel if I took one of your videos, added some filters to it, and uploaded it? If I made a sum of money from it, you wouldn't like it. And that's exactly what a majority of PMV artists do. Filters / transitions -> Upload -> Monetize.

As much as you want to fight it, you will not win against Hasbro's legal team, I'm sorry. And as you sit now, as long as you've not gained any strikes, you're in the clear. keep it that way.
04-15-2014 12:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

(04-15-2014 12:25 AM)rainbowdashzx Wrote:  And that's exactly what a majority of PMV artists do. Filters / transitions -> Upload -> Monetize.
Yeah, majority. I ain't majority. There are reasons why I use only vectors, and some masks. Even Acleps got 2 of his video claimed recently, and he used like, i don't know, 3 masks? And rest is his own animation.
Im not gonna argue with you, because I don't think you're getting the point of it, and that discussion is not a topic of that post.
04-15-2014 01:48 AM
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

The problem with PMV editors is that they're editors and no more. The editting process is very special. If you're an animator, a musician, or a director you can easily create everything or borrow from content that is not under copyright. An editor's job is just taking some clips and put them in a particular way. As much as the editing process is important, it must borrow clips from somewhere.

Hasbro's claim are fair in some way. But there is no way a computer can judge what value did the editting process added. The long-term risk is to have only a few kind of videos:
-Lots of Dork Rip-off
-Cheap animation
-Cheap typography

Why? Because with them you have fewer risk to be detected by Content Id and therefore won't get as much claim. Moreover, sometimes they will let you monetizing your videos. I used to monetize my videos and the amount is very appealing when you get featured on EQD or just when your PMV gets some attention. (yup, got 100€ in a year with some luck) I know it was bad and now that every single video is claimed I even stopped to hope I will be able to monetize one in the future.
04-15-2014 04:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jaref Offline
Crusader
Applejack

Looks like there's a new company on the loose called "egeda" doing work for Hasbro. Almost all my videos are now copyrighted by this egeda and Hasbro. Two of my videos have been blocked in Spain and Andorra, my latest one and a video from 2012.

http://www.egeda-us.com/

Fun Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 10:39 AM by Jaref.)
10-19-2014 10:39 AM
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

Twilight, get mah' rope.
10-19-2014 12:46 PM
Somniis Offline

Tool: Other
Reading this thread, I believe a lot of the points are only partially true. Yes there are a lot of "cheap" editors out there who don't put a lot of work into their PMV's and such. I've been fighting myself to try to get out of that category.

For the video's you've made that I've seen Izeer, the majority of it are things that you, yourself have made. Having studied the "Fair Use" policy over and over again you have a right to monopolize on that content. It falls under the view of "I am taking a part of that content and making a separate product" which is the underlying principle behind this policy. The monopolization on your video is in no way interfering with the sale of the original product or competing with it. I discussed this same principle with Littleshy in a comment a while ago. His content is directly protected by the policy "expressing an idea or opinion about the given content (using the content for review)." The grey area with content creation is that if you are making your own (professionally) the company itself wants to stay far away from even the possibility of being in any way near to a copyright claim. Its not that they legally can't, it is because they legally open the possibility (though unlikely--as covered by fair use). The fact is Fair Use is ignored in the professional industry (as a lot of companies have protested it on both fair and un-fair grounds--hence all those SOPA scares and such). Anyways I rambled a bit--but the point is it could be worth your time to chat with their Legal department. They are people, and can/will be reasonable when the legalities allow them to be, as a lot of the process is automated and impartial to actual content (it cannot tell fair use from copyright grounds) . It also might be worth your time to study up a little bit on "Fair Use." Anyways I hope this helps. Good luck on the claims!
10-23-2014 09:34 PM
maddison2 Offline

Tool:
So, yeah. Now that I'm actually working on a PMV maybe I'll be more active in these forums. I sure would like to spend more time around fellow PMV makers. Hope you liked the preview, and be sure to let me know what you think and if you have any advice. /)

We provide guarantee to pass test-king gmat with online exam training itil and you can also get best quality test-king toefl test mcat along with newhaven.edu mcat for your guaranteed success. artinstitutes.ed
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 06:14 AM by maddison2.)
03-20-2015 02:51 AM
Drummershy8 Offline

here's a better idea. MOVE TO DAILYMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-21-2015 10:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PhotographerBrendan Birkett claims that in no igexgupno 0 45 09-24-2016 02:05 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Claims To Have An AI Warticon That Produces More ezatonqov 0 43 09-10-2016 01:30 AM
Last Post: ezatonqov
  Claims That She Cant Take Her Dogs Out Pripsen For A Walk Because apagkumti 0 40 06-11-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Against husband l-thyroxine Johnny Depp whom she claims has apagkumti 0 43 06-01-2016 06:12 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Claims Levetiracetam Andorra, Rope Keppra For Sale, Order Handling Kopodex Zamiennik ungihkoco 0 38 05-17-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Withdrew claims from a Florida court that they defamed each other aqketgimu 0 42 04-10-2016 09:11 AM
Last Post: aqketgimu