Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Bringin' the MINI PMV fad back
LittleshyFiM Offline

Tool: Other
Video Bringin' the MINI PMV fad back

Copy pasta from video description:
I was going through some older videos and one of which reminded me of a PMV fad coincidentally from around this time two years ago. A brony video maker by the name of Striken made a short "MINI PMV" and dozens of other video makers copied the style and gave birth to a rather popular fad.

I'm uploading this with the hope to inspire the same type of spur-of-the moment PMV creation. Feel free to download this video and/or the music track from the links below if you'd like to join in.

Send me a Youtube private message if you'd like a video to be featured in the official playlist; provided your video isn't a complete joke or inappropriate in some way. I'll probably make a compilation video when I feel as though people have stopped making responses.

You are of course free to do whatever you want in your video, but it would make more sense to match the editing style of the video as closely as possible. You can challenge yourself to match every movement, or make up something completely new. Just have fun with it

DOWNLOADS:
Music: https://mega.co.nz/#!2dlkiYZa!XlG1ODNYOw...KcyDVU1yYI
Original video: https://mega.co.nz/#!XQtHVbYK!RdZcOig238...-Zqan2-w1s

/end copypasta
Thought I'd make a post here considering this sort of thing appeals more to PMV creators then it does to the general Youtube audience. Hopefully this is the right category, it is kinda a collab but with less organization, right? So, what do you think? Do you agree that PMV fads were fun and should be more common, or do you think this is all a terrible idea and a waste of time?
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 10:25 PM by LittleshyFiM.)
05-02-2014 07:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rainbowdashzx Offline

Tool: Sony Vegas
RE: Bringin' the MINI PMV fad back
This sounds neat.. Except that you can't really force a fad. I might turn out a response, or I might not. I'm not too sure. I'm trying to not take this very seriously (not in a disrespectful manner, but not to diagnose something that should really be taken for face value.) I like that you'll make the Playlist for responses, so that it will be easy to stay on top of. I just don't like how.. short (compared to even 30 second responses) this is, and how little you get out of it. With fads like the "When I'm X." it gave you a bit more freedom, even if all of the videos were relatively the same.

I enjoyed watching the Mini PMVs, definitely But not mini fad responses. Little snippets of excellent work set to anything. TV show themes, Video Game themes, etc. But this is a snippet from a Knife Party track (that wasn't even good compared to most of their stuff) and seems rather.. bland. More power to you, but don't be upset if this thing doesn't kick off.
05-02-2014 08:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LittleshyFiM Offline

The goal isn't really to have it "kick off" or become some kind of big thing, but just to provide an excuse to make a short video for fun. No one else was trying to jump-start anything along these lines [as far as I know,] so I figured why not give it a shot. I guess my biggest mistake aside from picking an unfavorable track was making this sound like it's a big deal when really it's not.
05-02-2014 08:09 PM
rainbowdashzx Offline

I did get a hint of a 'big deal" vibe which is why I'm trying not to take this too seriously, like I said. By all means have some fun. I'm not even here to guide you in any direction. Just voicing my opinion that I don't think this will really.. 'be a thing.' I comment that mainly because you said you wanted to have a "Top 25" when I don't think you'll get much more than 25 decent responses to this before the attention towards it dissipates. Good luck though, and have fun!
05-02-2014 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LittleshyFiM Offline

There, I did my best to edit the video's description to sound less "omg next big thing"-ish. Sorry if at any point I came off as arrogant or something. I'm the first to agree that 25 would be setting the bar a bit high, I just made that assumption based on the original MINI PMV which was probably the wrong thing to do.

I'll go back to my corner now.
05-02-2014 10:22 PM
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

Tool: After Effects
Dude, the Striken mini pmv's are fucking fantastic. Personally I think the mini-pmv/ fad type style is really awesome. It requires minimal commitment and experience from an editor. Just scrolling through your play list is extremely interesting to see the wide range of editors you had participate. You're looking at Acleps to a person who edited in AE for the first time.

Also about no being able to force a fad, this is true but the point here is to use a group of editors as a catalyst to get the word out then have it grow. The more people that are participating the greater the chance the community will want to join. Ofc it depends on how catchy and original it is, but I for one think mini pmvs are fantastic for editors in multiple ways. And who knows, maybe it'll really take off and the top 25 could be the last of your concerns. I will have to pass though since its that time of year that every college student loves and adores... ;~~~; killllllll meeeeeee Good luck!

**Just as a suggestion I would highly recommend making some sort of template that new editors can just drag into ae and change colors/ pictures with out significant effort. The easier it is to make the more people will be willing to participate, because people are fucking lazy... like me. Not sure if that was what the original video was : P**
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 08:09 AM by Dynamic Seagull.)
05-03-2014 08:08 AM
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

There are around 40 responses so far, so it's huge a success IMO Big Grin
05-04-2014 11:05 AM
rainbowdashzx Offline

The playlist becomes mind-numbing after about ten videos. After that the music fades out, you distance from reality, and you're just sitting there.. watching vectors move.. I wonder if we can get this to 100 responses?

p.s. mine is the best one.
05-04-2014 03:33 PM
Poki_ Offline
Enslaved in School
Twilight Sparkle

I'm willing to bet it will definitely reach 100.
05-04-2014 07:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information Colours of the rainbow - pmv collab? ProBrony 0 221 12-17-2015 08:30 PM
Last Post: ProBrony
  Show Song PMV? PiDash 2 1,250 04-19-2015 07:26 PM
Last Post: SimonOrJ
  (Canceled) 1,000 Sub PMV Collab Soniccrew128 0 448 04-08-2015 01:52 PM
Last Post: Soniccrew128
Rainbow PMV Challenge [DEADLINE January 20th] MyLittleVisuals 2 1,275 01-13-2015 02:20 AM
Last Post: faarizamar
  [PMV] PMV - Centuries rainbowdashzx 1 584 01-08-2015 06:27 AM
Last Post: redTygr
  [PMV] An idea for an awesome Celestia PMV VVPMVV 1 1,169 12-15-2014 10:29 PM
Last Post: redTygr
  [PMV] pmv collab Helix 0 723 11-08-2013 01:22 PM
Last Post: Helix
  Bronycon 2014 Giant PMV Collaboration Project Recruitment Thread (YAY!) The Invincible 2 3,473 10-18-2013 10:30 AM
Last Post: The Invincible