Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PMVToday Community Collaboration
rainbowdashzx Offline

Tool: Sony Vegas
PMVToday Community Collaboration
[Image: wgDFx1B.png]

Hey guys!

It was around one month ago that I originally posted an idea to collaborate on the song "Fly By Night" by The Glitch Mob. I enjoyed the idea of it, however it unfortunately fell through. Finals coming up in College, people looking for jobs, and other such timesinks would make doing a collaboration right now very difficult. I'm not going to let that Stop me from trying though!

What I had an idea of, and why this is called the "PMVToday Community Collab" is that I want to pull all of, or most of, the community here together, and collaborate on one big video. A.. way to represent the community, if you will! One of the first questions I was asked about this (Besides what song) is where would this be posted. I originally thought that it would go on my channel, but immediately after I though that, I had a brilliant idea.
Post it on the official PMVToday channel. Our collaboration representing the community would be like an ad for PMVToday! And at what better time than now? With the Contest held at BronyCon fast approaching, now has never been better to do this!

Structuring a large collaboration will not be easy, especially if it involves the better half of an entire community. I was thinking to accomplish this, we could run a Skype group, and we could also evenly divide up the song we decide to use So a song that is 180 seconds (3 minutes) long, with 10 people, each person would only have to edit 18 seconds. And like the [MINI PMV] fad, 18 seconds is not impossible. One could imagine being able to make something great in just a weekend!

There is no set deadline for this, too. Perhaps the only deadline would be to have it finished before submissions for the PMVToday Contest closes. Keeping a solid theme throughout the video, where everybody works at their own pace will be difficult as well. So I was hoping communication between us will be open and often.

By now I'm sure you're wondering what song will be used in this collaboration. Because some people are more comfortable editing than others, the song has yet to be decided, though there are a few ideas so far. Here's what we've got so far:

So we've got plenty of options for songs to do, and I believe we will be able to come to an agreement on which one we go forth with.

I must emphasize how important it is that we do our best to represent the community here. Which means I want to pull talent in every direction. If you're a part of this community, and you edit, I want you on this project.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope to hear your guys' feedback below!

[Current members]
rainbowdashzx
Izeer
GuncA
LittleshyFiM
Arthychaud
IdhrenLives
JackDC93
Poki_
ObsessiveBookworm
TheLightLeavesThee
Lord Pony

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 06:11 AM by rainbowdashzx.)
05-07-2014 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

Tool: After Effects
RE: PMVToday Community Collaboration
Yesh, im up for it ^^
05-07-2014 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user
GuncA Offline

Tool:
If I manage to fix my PC, I'll also be happy to take part in it!

-GuncaPMV
05-07-2014 04:44 PM
LittleshyFiM Offline

Tool: Other
Short-segment collaboration sounds perfect, I'd love to join if I can Smile
05-07-2014 04:46 PM
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

I just started a new PMV project. But, hey! I can go for a quick PMV. Thanks to all the bank holidays until the end of shcool year I may be able to edit something for a collab.

As long as it's not too much editing, count me in! Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 07:46 PM by Arthychaud.)
05-07-2014 07:46 PM
IdhrenLives Offline

Tool: Premiere Pro
I know I won't have the time to make a full PMV for awhile, but something little...
Yeah, I could do that! Count me in. Smile
(Of those listed, I'd be more partial to Fly By Night as that's what I've done my typography experiments with; though that would mean 28 seconds per person for 10 people rather than 18).

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
05-09-2014 12:56 PM
JackDC93 Offline
No rest for the wicked.

Tool: After Effects
Eh, why not. Count me in Big Grin
05-09-2014 03:07 PM
ObbsessiveBookworm Offline
The reader who can't spell
Twilight Sparkle

Tool: Other
I'll join! Smile Always wanted to do a collab.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 08:01 AM by ObbsessiveBookworm.)
05-10-2014 07:57 AM
Arthychaud Offline
Vegas über alles!

Just a bit post to ask if, as soon as the project is launched, someone could PM me on YouTube. Because I have many issues with Skype and many other mean of contact. YouTube may be the only way to contact me. Wink
05-11-2014 04:31 PM
TheLightLeavesThee Offline
Wonderbolt-In-Training

Is it too late to hop on board?

HERO PONY HAS ARRIVED
05-18-2014 10:29 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An artists community evolves in upstate New igexgupno 0 39 10-01-2016 04:16 PM
Last Post: igexgupno
  The LGBTQ community has received a backlash for her comments following ungihkoco 0 30 06-15-2016 07:45 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  An artists community evolves in upstate New apagkumti 0 39 06-06-2016 09:59 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Purchase xyzal 5mg community information, generic levocetirizine snake without a doc ungihkoco 0 46 06-04-2016 01:15 AM
  Community mediation case studies apagkumti 0 33 05-06-2016 03:40 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Unnoticed despite community efforts to retain the ungihkoco 0 66 04-01-2016 12:59 AM
  Community centers wants to reimagine the future of the aqketgimu 0 43 03-22-2016 09:11 PM
Last Post: aqketgimu
  Bronycon 2014 Giant PMV Collaboration Project Recruitment Thread (YAY!) The Invincible 2 3,291 10-18-2013 10:30 AM
Last Post: The Invincible
  Collaboration suggestions The SpawnersTouch 9 2,966 03-03-2013 06:20 AM
Last Post: everymanquince