Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hey Guys
Forested-Wolf Offline

Tool:
5Pinkie Hey Guys
hey im new here and i want to make pmv's but i dont know how to use ae. anyone got any pointers?
05-25-2014 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

Tool: After Effects
RE: Hey Guys
Hey

Watch some tutorials, you'll get how it works after few days eventually.
05-25-2014 03:56 PM
redTygr Offline
/)
Fluttershy

Tool: After Effects
hey, welcome! I'd recommend checking out a bunch of tutorials on different things, and try to follow. Not just blindly copy what they do, but try to understand why they're doing it. Experiment, and see if you can make a different (and possibly better) end result!

Once you're somewhat familiar with AE (if you do decide to use it), check out School of Motion. A quote from one of my previous posts here:

Quote:A great place to go once you've got all the basics of AE would be the School of Motion. It's more for motion graphics, the sort of thing that you'd see in Acleps' videos, but it can be useful too in PMVs. Wink

Later once you understand all the basics of AE, this tutorial by him on the graph editor is probably one of the most useful, since it allows you more control over your keyframes.

Just a pointer, since you might not know, a keyframe is basically a point in time where you can set a certain value. For example, you could keyframe the volume of your music, or the brightness of a clip. At one point in time, you could set the value of your volume to 100%. Say, 5 seconds later, you could insert another keyframe with a value of 0%. In between those keyframes, the volume would fade from 100% to 0%. This can be applied to almost everything in After Effects, making it extremely powerful for any style.

Good luck, and keep going c: here's something that's always nice to look at for beginners and slightly more experienced people alike
05-26-2014 05:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
Hello. I started with windows video maker(i think it's free) but i got Vegas pro 10 very soon. Choose editing program you may like and find tutorials. Youtube is full of great tutorials that could help u

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
05-26-2014 09:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The SpawnersTouch Offline
A Spawner

Tool:
Here is an advice that helped me:

The first one is not as good as the third one, and that one not as good as the sixth.

The more you dare to make and try out new methods, the better grasp of it you will get and the easier it will get, even if you start very small.

I approve this.
05-26-2014 02:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canadian pharmacy hey levoxyl cure enlarged thyroid gland brand, price personal synt igexgupno 0 52 09-10-2016 01:29 AM
Last Post: igexgupno
  Cheap hey wholesale triamcinolone victory cure uveitis, buy triamcinolone defense 4m ungihkoco 0 45 05-19-2016 10:08 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Voltaren-gel Hey Generic Steal Available Arrow Date, Buy Rlnglng Diclofenac-gel Chec ungihkoco 0 65 05-16-2016 05:41 PM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Lloyds Pharmacy Cold Mesalamine Dogs Cost, Cheap Question Mesalamine Hey Brands, Hos apagkumti 0 36 05-15-2016 02:32 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
  Does ofthe walmart canada sell happens dezlorid, drugstore neoclarityn hey 5mg apagkumti 0 49 04-23-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: apagkumti
  hey cut the deficit to one mome yuguhun 0 67 01-30-2016 02:51 AM
Last Post: yuguhun
  hey are once again among the favou yuguhun 0 51 09-17-2015 04:31 AM
  hey need a two-hole guy or fifth-hol yuguhun 0 96 08-29-2015 04:14 AM
  hey to you fellow PMVers TheAnnoyingBrony 13 2,433 05-13-2013 09:01 PM
Last Post: TheAnnoyingBrony
  Hey guys Sgt Twilight 6 1,736 04-29-2013 03:30 PM
Last Post: Mad_hatters_in_jeans