Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adobe Premier thread
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
Adobe Premier thread
Do we have a thread like this? I couldn't find it anywhere, so i decided to open it here.
Anyway... I want to change my editing program a little. I used Vegas pro, and now it's time to try Adobe Premier CS5.5
What can you tell me about this editing program? I never used it before, and i am a total noob now. Give me some advice and do you even recommend it since i worked with Vegas for about 3 years now

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
06-20-2014 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redTygr Offline
/)
Fluttershy

Tool: After Effects
RE: Adobe Premier thread
I don't know how it compares with SV, but I know a little about it: While AE is a compositing program where scenes are constructed (think heavier effects), SV and Premier are Non-Linear Editing programs, which put the different scenes together. They can do the other's tasks too: AE can be used from start to finish, while premier can be used to apply some effects and can work with shape layers i think. (especially in the newer versions.) For example, Collab parts would be made in AE, then someone would assemble it in premier.

Knowing your style, I'd say that Premier is a viable choice since it can do most of the stuff that SV can do, and I think you rely more on scene selection and careful flow than use of effects.

Also, the workflow from all the Adobe CC/CS programs becomes much easier (Illustrator into Photoshop into AE into premier) so if you already use PS/Illustrator a lot then it would make it easier to work between the programs. I don't have much experience with either SV or Premier, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

EDIT: oops i thought you were asking if you should switch to premier, my bad Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014 12:49 AM by redTygr.)
06-21-2014 12:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

Tool: After Effects
Hmmmm this is a good question, personally I feel like this would be a good idea if you're going to be using multiple programs in the Adobe collection. I've think I've used Premiere twice so I don't really know a lot about using it but I do know what its used for and a sexy thing called dynamic linking. Also I've only used CS6, not CC or CS 5.5 etc...

Premiere is pretty much vegas from what I've seen, and people use it for the same reasons... editing clips together. Now while they do pretty much the same thing from my little experience, Vegas is so much easier to understand. So the fact that Premiere is so similar to Vegas makes it really not worth it to switch too by itself.

That being said Premiere can open up the door to some really insane editing, not because of what it can do but what the other programs in the Abode collection can do. As redTygr said, Adobe programs are fucking amazing when it comes to moving projects from one program to another. For example you can create a project in Photoshop then directly import the project into premiere pro and have a ton of cool options where you can choose what layers you want to be on separate tracks or together bla bla bla. And this is just one example. You can also open your premiere project in Abode Media Encoder and have rendering options up the butt. Its really incredible and most Adobe users including myself don't even realize how easy Adobe makes it to move stuff around.

The main reason why I would switch over if I was to ever learn premiere is this incredible tool called dynamic linking. This allows to have an After Effects composition in Premiere. You can add effects onto that clip in AE then move back over to Premiere and it will automatically update and you can play it. This may not seem like a lot but it really is. AE is a effects program (no shit) and its not built to easily make transitions and mesh clips. Yes its totally possible but is it time effective... not at all. That's where Premiere comes in and dominates since its made for kinda the big picture. (I'm totally being a hypocrite when I say this but I was too lazy to learn premiere)

So before I start getting too excited and drooling all over my keyboard hopefully you understand why I would switch to Premiere. Its the fact that it opens up the entire adobe collection, but you're gonna need to sink in some significant learning time. So it truly depends if your going to stop a Premiere or keep expanding to AE, PS, or AI. With all those tools under your belt, well the possibilities are huge. As for actually learning Premiere... youtube and google. (Probably not what you wanted to hear : P) The Adobe community is huge and most questions have been asked on Creative Cow, Adobe Forums, etc... Good luck.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014 10:09 AM by Dynamic Seagull.)
06-21-2014 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerriccotaPie Offline
Brony
Fluttershy

Tool: Sony Vegas
Thank you for your replays! Smile

This level of reasoning is possible for TerriccotaPie!
06-21-2014 10:44 AM
waleed020 Offline

Tool:
Knowing your style, I'd say that Premier is a viable choice since it can do most of the stuff that SV can do, and I think you rely more on scene selection and careful flow than use of effects.

We offer up to date exam practice questions with test king self paced test engine to help you pass exam and complete your ccent course you should also find Sterling College wireless training
03-25-2015 02:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  News and stats ahead of the Premier poxkelib 0 11 10-14-2017 11:44 AM
Last Post: poxkelib
  Saturdays early kickoff as the Premier League returns Follow poxkelib 0 12 10-01-2017 03:35 AM
Last Post: poxkelib
  Will return to the Premier League next season and its bitter ungihkoco 0 37 05-19-2016 04:04 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Public dissatisfaction over the officiating of a recent Premier League apagkumti 0 44 04-28-2016 07:47 AM
Last Post: apagkumti
  By a thread as they slumped to a shock 20 loss at Germanys apagkumti 0 27 04-13-2016 05:25 AM
  Marooned among the bottom three places at the foot of the Premier aqketgimu 0 81 03-22-2016 08:30 PM
Last Post: aqketgimu
  The Premier Leagues top four were dealt a blow when the team ungihkoco 0 83 03-22-2016 09:24 AM
Last Post: ungihkoco
  Marooned among the bottom three places at the foot of the Premier apagkumti 0 46 03-21-2016 11:28 PM