Welcome guest! Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello Internet People
PiDash Offline
928a4f1f@opayq.com

Tool: After Effects
Hello Internet People
Helloooooo Fellow Pony Loving People of the Internet. Name's Greg, or as the internet knows me, Pinkydash or PiDash.

Currently I'm a college art student (insert unemployment joke here) with roughly two and a half years of After Effects experience under the belt. I would love to point to a channel and say "look at all these cool PMVs I made", but alas no such channel exists. I do have some visualizers I've made for musicians around the YouTube though, if you google around you may be able to find them.

Anyways I have a bit of time on my hands right now, so I figured I would drop in and say hi. If anyone's interested, I would love to try my hand at a PMV collab. That would be fun.
07-23-2014 01:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

RE: Hello Internet People
Hello and welcome to the forums!
07-23-2014 07:31 AM
Poki_ Offline
Enslaved in School
Twilight Sparkle

Greetings!
Just out of curiosity, if you're fine with me asking, which school do you go to? (I have to figure out where I'm going soon Tongue)
07-23-2014 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PiDash Offline
928a4f1f@opayq.com

Thanks for the welcome ^^
Ohai there Poki! Your stuff is actually the reason why I found this forum thing in the first place. You're really talented at motion graphics!

I go to Humber College up in good old Canadaland. It's a pretty good school, and much more affordable than a lot of the art schools in the area.
07-23-2014 07:32 PM
Poki_ Offline
Enslaved in School
Twilight Sparkle

Cool to hear that, and thanks!

Also, shucks, of course I have to live in 'Murica. I'm having a tough time figuring out exactly where I can go/what exact field to go into. It seems like I can't just go to school for motion graphics and VFX...Rolleyes
07-23-2014 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PiDash Offline
928a4f1f@opayq.com

Yeah, a lot of programs have some motion graphics/VFX courses within them, but as far as I know there aren't any programs that just strictly teach that. Unfortunately it's just not enough in most cases.

I'm no expert on the topic, but from what I understand from my older peers, is that in order to do Motion Graphics/VFX for a living, you have to tie it with something else. I personally went with Front-End Development before switching over to Animation, but I've heard/met people who went to Film school, did a design programs, e.t.c, and are very successful.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 08:55 PM by PiDash.)
07-23-2014 08:50 PM
Dynamic Seagull Offline
General Affairs Manager
Moderators

(07-23-2014 08:00 PM)Poki_ Wrote:  Cool to hear that, and thanks!

Also, shucks, of course I have to live in 'Murica. I'm having a tough time figuring out exactly where I can go/what exact field to go into. It seems like I can't just go to school for motion graphics and VFX...Rolleyes
Mechanical Engineering! We build stuff! : D
And cry during finals
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 09:51 PM by Dynamic Seagull.)
07-23-2014 09:49 PM
PiDash Offline
928a4f1f@opayq.com

(07-23-2014 09:49 PM)Dynamic Seagull Wrote:  And cry during finals

That's mutual across the board Sad R
07-24-2014 01:59 AM
Izeer Offline
Rainbow Dash

Ahoi!
At first I read your name as 'PitDash', thought it's something about ball pit. Damn internets xD
07-24-2014 05:08 AM
PiDash Offline
928a4f1f@opayq.com

Ohai there Izeer, nice to meet you Smile

Yeah, misreading my name seems to be a thing Tongue I came up with Pinkydash back when I first joined this whole pony bandwagon thing, back when I didn't know there was another meaning to the word "shipping" . You can probably guess how that worked out.

I changed from Pinkydash to PiDash so that people would stop mistaking my accounts for romantic horses fan groups Tongue
07-24-2014 07:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boot Shopping Over the internet Some sort of Internet-and-Business rsanchez658 0 39 08-22-2016 10:19 PM
Last Post: rsanchez658
  On the internet Any Internet-and-Business For Your Toes Any Fashion-Style joyceh968 0 37 08-16-2016 03:08 AM
Last Post: joyceh968
  Shoe Looking Over the internet Your Internet-and-Business brentj005 0 30 08-10-2016 10:09 PM
Last Post: brentj005
  Running shoe shopping over the internet the internet-and-business matthewg 0 80 02-29-2016 03:06 AM
Last Post: matthewg